Guaranteed Pick Policy
Cover The Number was established to help bettors make money with their sports betting. Most of the handicappers on our site guarantee their packages and subscriptions so our clients either profit or are compensated with a subscription of equal time free of charge. We do not offer a money back policy like some services do, but if our handicappers put together a poor performance then they do want to try and make things right.
Most of our clients know they won’t win every single day, and that hitting over 70% for an entire season is a pipe dream and not a realistic goal. Using football betting as an example, a serious sports bettor has to win approximately 53% of their games in order to make a profit (this figure varies based on vigorish and consistent money management).
We often get emails and calls about a handicapper who lost a single pick or on a single day and the client calls the handicapper terrible or just guessing. Please note that our services are based on long term strategies and not a flip of the coin. As a serious sports bettor, you simply are not going to get every play you release right no matter how much you study the angles.
1. There is no free time given when a profit has been made. Even if our guys go 1-1, but hit a +125 underdog and lose a -120 favorite, that means you profited 5 units and will not receive additional selections. On the reverse, if we lose a single unit then you will be given additional time equal to what you purchased.
2. All plays are graded on 100 unit intervals, even if the handicapper has 1* on the game that wins and 25* on a game that loses.
3. There is only one free subscription given per purchase, no matter how much you lost on the package that you bought and even if the free package ended up losing as well. If you lose 150 units with your purchased subscriptions and then win 125 during your free term, no more picks will be sent. Also, if you lost 50 units on your purchased subscription and then lose 25 units on your free term, your subscription still comes to and end at the finish of your free time. Back to back losing days will happen, but our site does not offer more than a single free subscription of the same term. If you give up after a short term of losses then we wish you all of the best trying to find a better group of handicapping services out there that will win for you over the long run.
4. All of our plays are graded on the odds selected by the handicapper. These lines are based off of our live feed that is taken directly from eight of the best online sportsbooks around. Line movements happen and more often than not you will see the line going in an unfavorable direction since our handicappers are on the “smart” side of games. Unfortunately, during football if you wait until Saturday or Sunday then you are going to be worse off than if you buy early in the week.
5. For all subscriptions you will get an equal time package starting the next day. If the Monday Night Football game loses for you then you get the next day’s plays for free. If you want a football game but there are none on Tuesday then your free term will not be extended to a day with football. The offer is for the next day or a subscription of the same term starting the day following your subscriptions expiration.
The reason for this policy is that we want to turn you into a serious investor, which means riding out the winning and losing streaks over the course of a full season betting all of our releases on a daily basis. We don’t want you to go on tilt and press your bets if you hit a small slump, but instead be the kind of player that can focus on the long term.
Our seasonal subscribers will make the most money off our of selections, but if you just want some temporary help and signup for a short term package then we will do all we can to assist you in beating the sportsbooks.